Table of Contents
- 1. Overview
- 2. Information We Collect
- 3. How We Collect Personal Information
- 4. Why We Collect Personal Information
- 5. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- 6. International Transfers of Personal Information
- 7. Cookies
- 8. Your Legal Rights Regarding your Personal Information
- 9. Erasing your personal information
- 10. Complaints
- 11. Business Transfers
- 12. Limits of Our Policy
- 13. Changes to this Policy
- 14. Contact Details
Your privacy is important to us and it is Block Markets Africa's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://bma.network, and other sites and products we own and operate.
2. Information we collect
Our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you're using to access our website and other sites and products we own and operate. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
The personal information we may ask for, collect and hold may include:
- contact information, such as your email address and contact number;
- social media (including Telegram) handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public;
- records of our communications with you, including any messages or emails you send us;
- information that you provide us during the course of business; and
- other information that is capable of identifying you.
We may also collect business data - data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.
Without this information we may not be able to provide you with our products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by our products or services) or to respond to queries or requests that you submit to us.
3. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- when you contact us via email or social media (such as Telegram);
- when you submit a query or request to us;
- when you respond to a survey that we run, participate in any sale bounty campaign or fill in forms on one of our websites;
- by tracking your use of our products and services (including our website);
- from public sources (including social media platforms which have their own separate privacy policies that govern the access and use of personal information held by those sources);
- from third parties who are entitled to disclose that information to us; and
- when you apply for a job with us.
In some cases we may be required by law to collect certain types of personal information about you.
4. Why do we collect personal information?
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable us to provide our products and services;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to answer your queries and requests;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- to carry out market analysis and research including through the use of data analytics to improve our products and services;
- to monitor use of products and services including use of tokens;
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues;
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes;
- to keep you informed about our activities, including by sending out communications about our tokens, and the development of the future Block Markets Africa;
- to process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may from time to time use your personal information in order to send you marketing materials about products or services that we think you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us using the contact details below or following the “unsubscribe” link in the communication.
We may also use and disclose your information for other purposes as authorised by you, or in accordance with your requests or instructions.
We don't keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- your representatives, advisers and others you have authorised to interact with us on your behalf;
- our staff who need the information to discharge their duties;
- our affiliates and related entities within our corporate group including those located outside the country in which you are located;
- our business partners, agents and service providers (including hosting and cloud providers);
- prospective purchasers of all or part of our business or shares in our company or a related entity;
- professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business;
- government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
Our tokens are ERC-20 and BEP-2 compliant tokens It is possible to identify personal information from (and including) wallet addresses and other data available on the Ethereum blockchain and Binance chain as they are, by nature, transparent and public ledgers. Due to the nature of the Ethereum blockchain and Binance chain, we cannot amend or control the disclosure of such personal information.
6. International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We have related entities, affiliates and service providers located in various regions and other countries. From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to recipients who may be located outside the country in which you are located (including contractors and third party service providers). We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and related entities, and employees overseas as necessary to provide you with our goods and services.
Where we transfer personal information from one country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction's privacy laws.
8. Your legal rights regarding your personal information
You have a right to:
- access and request a copy of your personal information to check how we are using your personal information;
- correct or rectify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect, incomplete or misleading;
- withdraw any consent previously given by you to the processing of your personal information;
- object to the processing of your personal information; and
- ask us to restrict or suspend the use of your personal information.
These requests should be submitted to us in writing using the contact details below.
We will action your request within a reasonable time frame and provide one copy of your personal information free of charge. If your request is for additional copies or your request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive, we may refuse your request or charge a reasonable fee. If we refuse a request or charge a reasonable fee, we will advise you of the reasons for our refusal or any fees within a reasonable time frame.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that information transmitted or ported to another entity under certain circumstances.
There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy, rights or freedoms of others, or result in a breach of confidentiality or applicable laws. In these cases we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
9. Erasing your personal information
You have a right to request the erasure or destruction of your personal information (“the right to be forgotten”) when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected, it is not being used for the purposes for which it was collected, or you wish to withdraw your consent for certain processing. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we have processed your personal information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law.
There may be cases where we are unable to comply with your request such as where we need to continue processing your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws. Such requests should be submitted in writing using the contact details below.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your personal information or think we may have breached our obligations under the applicable privacy or data protection legislation, or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Complaints must be lodged in writing. In the complaint, please include your contact details (such as email address, name, address and telephone number) and clearly describe the complaint. We will deal with the matter within a reasonable time and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact us to discuss your concerns. You are also entitled to make a complaint to the relevant privacy or data protection regulator.
11. Business Transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
12. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
13. Changes to this policy
At our discretion, We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website. Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information.
14. Contact details
If you need to contact us or want any further information from us on privacy matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org